Summer weather has finally arrived, and we’re all looking to stay cool. Vermont is home to dozens of swimming holes in nearly every corner of the state. Some of these places are easily accessible while others are tucked away. A great resource for finding a place to swim in Vermont is www.swimmingholes.org.
Some of my personal favorites:
1. Dorset Quarry, Route 30, Dorset, Vt.
2. Lareau Swimming Hole, Route 100, Waitsfield, Vt.
3. Jeff Falls, Route 108, Jeffersonville, Vt.
4. Warren Falls, Route 100, Warren, Vt.
5. Hapgood Pond, Hapgood Pond Road, Peru, Vt.